BCCA (Biotechnology – Chemistry – Computer Applications)
BCCA (Biotechnology – Chemistry – Computer Applications) is a 3 years (6 semesters), full-time course designed for the students those who want to pursue their education in the fields of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Computer Applications.
|Objectives||BCCA (Biotechnology – Chemistry – Computer Applications) is a three years (six semesters), full-time course designed for the students who want to pursue their education in the fields of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Computer Applications. The course covers the major areas ranging from fundamentals to advanced concepts in the subjects. With Biotechnology, Chemistry and Computer Applications as Major.|
The syllabus of BSc in Biotechnology includes subjects like Biophysics & Instrumentation, Cell Structure & Dynamics, Principles of Microbiology, Molecular Genetics, etc.
|Eligibility||Students seeking admission to the BSC course must have passed Intermediate / 10+2 Examination or equivalent of any recognized Board or Council with Botany, Zoology and Chemistry as Majors.|
|Higher Education||After successful completion of the course, students will be eligible to seek higher education in the following areas:|
– Post Graduate degree in Chemistry, Zoology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Bioinformatics etc., PG Diploma in Bioinformatics / Genetic Engineering /Recombinant DNA technology, Food Technology, Tissue Culture, Immunotechnology, Fermentation Technology.
|Employment Opportunities||The different Job profiles after completion of the degree are Biotech Analyst, Biochemist, Research scientist|
– Software Development, S/W Testing, S/W Quality Assurance, Web Design Professionals, Embedded Systems, Network Applications, Database Managers, System Administrators, Career in Business Process Outsourcing, Technical Writers, Faculty
– Government Services, Defense (Combined Defense Service Examination)
– Staff Member of Medical Research Team, Staff Member of Census Bureau, Staff Member of Bureau of Labour Statistics
– Employee in Consumer Marketing Firms
– Junior Scientists in various Research Institutes or begin teaching at degree level.
– Potential students can even take up research in various Research
– Various areas of research in Astrophysics, Superconductivity, laser cooling and trapping of atoms, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Plasma Physics, Liquid Crystals, high Energy Physics, Condensed matter physics, Cryogenics and magnetics, Nuclear Physics, Gravitation Physics etc.,